Peter’s not coming, darling.
You can latch the window and take the white ribbons from your hair,
stop sleeping with socks on and packing going-away bags.
Whispering the names of the lost boys will not hasten them to you.
Clapping your hands is no enchantment.
There is magic, though, in lining your eyes,
and spells to be cast in sharpening your tongue.
Come to me, darling, and I’ll show you how queens carry themselves.
I will teach you how to wrangle womanhood and tame it into a lapdog,
to recognize pirates without their hooks and rapier them with words,
to say no to heartless boys who need mothering
and make peace with stern princesses and jealous faeries.
I will help hide away childhood in the gilded cage of your ribs,
where it may blossom and thrive in the wildest part of you.
Here you will never grow old, never die.
Here is your Neverland, laced through your heart like corset strings,
tied up tight into a ribbon no span of years can unravel.
"After you receive this you must share 5 random facts about yourself and then copy and send to your ten favorite followers :)"
Girl this is so sweet!! Thank you!!
I could never pick my favorite followers so any of my followers can do this!! I’d love to see your facts. <3
1. Sometimes my suitemates from last year would talk about my roommate and I audibly in the common room where we could hear them and one time we listened to see what they were saying about me and what they came up with was “ugh Hannah is just too nice all the time and she eats so much mac n cheese which is so weird” which was hilarious for multiple reasons
2. I think milk chocolate is better than dark chocolate.
3. Even though I live there, I think doing the touristy things in New York are all still better than avoiding them (Except for Times Square. Dear god. Never never). Rockefeller Center at Christmas time, the shops in the Concourse, the Central Park Zoo, SoHo shops, big budget Broadway shows, and eating on Central Park South… All better than seeing your friends in a crappy Brooklyn experimental theatre production. Which, as a Tisch kid, is sacrilege to say. But sorry bout it. …Not really sorry. (:
4. I studied trapeze for 4 years. And I used to want to run away to Cirque du Soleil.
5. I WANT A MICRO PIG SO BAD
I align myself with people who support my growth. If you meet someone whose soul is not aligned with yours, send them love and move along.
There is some good in this world, and it’s worth fighting for.
"Hannah! I just thought I would let you know that I've been on edge all morning and super anxious because my phone interview for the Disney college program is tonight, but I just read your Winnie the Pooh ringtone post on facebook and literally cracked up reading it haha and it gave me a break from the nerves so thank you for that! :) :)"
LOL hahaha girl I’m so glad to hear that!! I love you so much; you’re going to be incredible at your phone interview. I’ve said before there’s no one better than you for the DCP!! Just relax and be kind and professional and I swear you’ve got it in the bag. <3 Let me know every detail, okay??